Every woman wants to have that long, luscious and thick load of hair on their head, but not every dream can come true. If you have short hair and you’re yearning for those long locks, then some tape-in hair extensions may be just the thing you should be looking for.
If you want to discover the best tape in hair extensions to complete your hairstyle, this guide will provide you with some tips and tricks regarding hair extension purchase and care.
Things You Should Know
If you are considering purchasing tape-in hair extensions, here is what you need to keep in mind about them:
- They’re Undetectable. Since the adhesive is transparent, it won’t be noticeable that you are wearing extensions – even if you have your hair up in a ponytail. The extension roots won’t be showing unless your real hair actually grows way too much.
- They Can Be Applied Easily. Most of the time, it takes a certified hair stylist to apply the extensions, but with a little bit of practice, anyone can get the hang of it.
- There Are Different Shades. Regardless of your hair color, there are several shade options for you to choose from.
- You Can Shape Them. Extensions can be cut in various forms, sizes, straightened or curled. That, however, depends on the type of hair used in the extensions. If it’s synthetic, you may want to ditch the curling iron.
- They Will Need to Be Maintained. Every 5-8 weeks, you will need to remove your extensions and then reapply them. If you leave them on for more than two weeks, they can slip out.
Once you know this, you are ready to rock those hair extensions.
Top 10 Tape in Hair Extensions Chart
Types of Hair Extensions
There are basically two main kinds of hair extensions: the ones made out of human hair and those from artificial, synthetic hair.
Since synthetic hair looks and feels exactly the way it sounds – artificial – they are not really preferred unless you are on a really tight budget. Human hair extensions are generally preferred because they look and feel natural.
Human hair extensions are also divided into three categories:
- Remy Human Hair. They represent the most popular and the highest quality extensions. They mix hair from many donors and has been processed for color and texture, leaving the cuticles intact.
- Virgin Hair. The hair was taken from a single donor and did not undergo any processing. “Virgin hair” in the extensions world basically means that the hair is healthy, with no split ends or chemical processing.
- Non-Remy Hair. A lower quality extension, it uses hair from salons or random supplier. Since the cuticles become mixed, there is a high risk of tangling, shedding, and matting.
As you can see, the best tape in hair extensions are recommended to be Remy, but virgin hair is also acceptable.
Top 3 Best Tape in Hair Extensions Reviews
These extensions made from 100% Remy hair can blend superbly with your hair color, and even if they are a shade lighter or darker, they can create a beautiful highlighting effect.
These extensions can be washed, dried, curled, straightened, brought up into a ponytail – nothing is too much for them. The price-quality ratio is very good, and you get a great product for an overall low price.
The hair is soft, with a silky kind of feeling. The highlights, regardless of the color, will blend in nicely, and it will definitely look and feel like your own human hair. They do not shed, and they will stay foiled in nicely, for a longer time.
When it comes to hair extensions, virgin hair is definitely one of the best choices that you can go for. Considering that this hair was not processed in any way, these extensions are as natural as they can get.
There is no dry feeling caused by dyes and no damage triggered by straightening or any kinds of processing. With the right shampoo and conditioner, these extensions can look silky-smooth up to two years.
These can be straightened, curled, ironed or styled in any way, without the risk of getting damaged. They feel silky to the touch, and the right color will perfectly match your own hair.
This is hair extension quality that is totally worth it. Made from 100% Remy hair, the quality of the hair volume is worth investing in it.
These extensions are very natural to the touch and do not tangle or dread. They will act just like human hair should.
The hair is thick, as are the ends. There is no thinning towards the ends, and the hair will blend very well with your natural locks. The colors are natural, and they do not look or feel synthetic in any way.
These extensions can withstand high levels of heat without frying or frizzing, so you can definitely straighten them without the fear of damage. You can successfully ‘hide’ a pixie cut with these extensions!
The best tape in hair extensions should be easily applied and resistant to any normal hair conditions. That means that they should stay, look, be washed and be styled like regular hair. An extension should be unnoticeable – except when it comes to hair length and thickness.