Whether it’s because of damaging treatments, humidity or just your dry type of hair, we all know how annoying it is to have frizzy hair and unwanted flyaways. The best shine spray can take care of all these problems, and make your hair look healthy, bouncy and silky.
The question that you may ask yourself now is how you can tell if the shine spray you’re thinking of purchasing fits your hair type and needs? With all the options out there, all promising to protect and add definition to your hair, it can be a difficult decision to make.
Read on to find out everything you need to know about how to find the right shine spray for you.
Things to Consider When Looking for Shine Spray
Pay attention to the tips below when looking for a shine spray that is right for you:
- Pay Attention to the Ingredients. Check the ingredient list carefully, especially if you have an oily or flaky scalp. A scent-free or alcohol-free product might be softer and better suited for you than one that contains harsh chemicals.
- Consider Your Hair Care Routine. Make sure that the shine spray you’re purchasing fits with your hair care and styling routine and complements the products you’re already using. If you need a longer finish, opt for silicone based shine sprays. If you want a more natural look, natural oil sprays will suffice. If you spend a lot of time outside in the sun, make sure your shine spray contains UV protection.
Top 10 Shine Sprays Table
Consider Your Hair Type
It should go without saying that you must choose a product that fits your hair type. Fine hair has different needs than wavy hair, and the wrong product won’t do much in protecting and nourishing your locks.
- Fine Hair. Choose a shine spray that applies a very light mist. It’s easy to go overboard when you have thin hair, so experiment until you find the right product that adds shine without weighing down your already lifeless locks.
- Wavy Hair. Because your hair is thick and you need a lot of product to tame it, look for a shine spray that helps add definition to your curls. Stay away from products that build up because they can make your natural curls go limp.
- Curly Hair. You should opt for a highly moisturizing shine spray. Products that contain natural oils, such as argan, coconut or almond oils are ideal for your curly locks since they will soften and detangle them.
Top 3 Best Shine Spray Reviews
Kenra Shine Spray is the overall highest rated shine spray regarding protection, nourishment, and price.
If you have frizzy, dull hair, then this is the right hair spray for you. It works by protecting your locks against heat from styling tools or UV light. It also prevents your hair from losing moisture. What you will love about Kenra is that it allows you to style your hair and add a glossy, silky finish without weighing it down. That is a huge advantage if you have fine, thin hair.
The scent is amazing, and the packaging is simple and attractive. It’s easy to apply, and it allows you to control the amount of product you use. You can apply it while styling your hair or you can use it on your natural hair to protect it from the sun. Be careful, though, if you use too much, it can make your hair look dirty and oily.
If you’re looking for a quality yet an affordable product that will add a silky finish to your look, then Kenra is the best shine spray for you.
Aquage Beyond Shine uses a dual-action formula that gives your hair a glossy, polished texture. The emollient technology it uses delivers long-lasting shine and adds definition to your strands.
One of the things you’ll love about this spray is that you don’t need hairspray or other additional products to give your look that last touch. Just blow dry it, comb it, spray it with Aquage Beyond Shine and you are ready to go.
This product works especially well for curly and frizzy hair, giving it that silky, straight look after flat-ironing it.
A little goes a long way, so make sure you dose it correctly. Using too much can make your hair look oily, especially if you have fine hair.
Long lasting and nourishing, Aquage Beyond Shine is an excellent addition to your hair care routine.
Rush Shine Mist is a gentle spray that leaves your hair shiny, healthy, and flawless. Unlike most products that target female consumers, this one fits both men and women’s styling needs.
One of the first things you will notice is how quickly it can give your hair a fabulous shine. Paired with a flat iron and you will look like a cinema star, all without weighing down your hair or making it look oily.
Rush Shine Mist works for every hair type. People will fine hair love it because it adds shine without making their strands look dull and lifeless while those with thick or curly hair can use it to give more definition to their hair texture.
Don’t worry about applying too much product because you can use your blow dryer to remove the excess.
The Head Rush Shine Mist is one of the most popular products offered in the Bed Head line, so make sure to give it a try.