If your frizzy hair experience is just as challenging as ours, then you know that styling products alone aren’t going to tame your mane. You also need the right hair dryer.
The problem is that if you spend just a little time browsing online for hair dryers, you’ll quickly realize that the options you have are almost overwhelming. Should you buy a ceramic blow dryer or one with ionic technology? What about the power?
Because we know how important it is to find a product that will deliver professional results without breaking the bank, we’ve put together this guide to help you find the best hair dryer for frizzy hair.
Things to Consider
Many factors differentiate a blow dryer for frizzy hair from one for straight hair. Keep, these things in mind when shopping.
- Ceramic: Ceramic or porcelain blow dryers are designed to distribute heat as evenly and gently as possible. Because of this, you will spend less time drying your hair (a plus that anyone with frizzy hair will appreciate.) If the dryer comes with infrared heat technology, it will cause less damage to your tresses than a regular blow dryer.
- Ionic: Negative ions interact with wet hair by turning the water into molecules so that the outer layer of the hair can absorb them and hydrate. Ionic technology is one of the best things you could wish for if you have frizzy hair. Consider that instead of drying out your hair and damaging the roots, the heat from the blow dryer will break down water molecules and moisturize the hair.
- Tourmaline: Tourmaline is a rare gemstone that generates only negative ions when it’s heated. This technology allows the heat to close down the cuticle layer and preserve the moisture of the hair.
Top 10 Hair Dryers for Frizzy Hair Table
|Picture||Name||Material Technology||Price||Rating (1-5)|
|Picture||Name||Material Technology||Price||Rating (1-5)|
|1. xtava Curly Hair Kit||Ionic, Ceramic, Tourmaline||$$||4.8|
|2. RUSK Engineering W8less Professional 2000 Watt Dryer||Ionic, Ceramic, Tourmaline||$$$||4.4|
|3. Remington D3190A Damage Control Ceramic Hair Dryer||Ionic, Ceramic, Tourmaline||$||4.3|
|4. Conair 1875 Watt Soft Touch Tourmaline Ceramic 2-in-1 Styler||Ionic, Ceramic, Tourmaline||$$||4.3|
|5. MHD 1875W Professional Infrared Ion Hair Dryer||Far-Infrared Heat and Negative Ion Technology||$$||4.2|
|6. Andis 1875-Watt Fold-N-Go Ionic Hair Dryer||Ionic, Ceramic||$||4.1|
|7. BaBylissPRO Tourmaline Titanium 5000 Dryer||Tourmaline||$$||4.1|
|8. Revlon Perfect Heat Volumizing Turbo Styler||Ceramic, Tourmaline||$||4.1|
|9. Vidal Sassoon VS783 1875-Watt Professional Anti-Static Ion Dryer||Ionic||$||3.9|
|10. BIO IONIC Powerlight Pro-Dryer||Ionic||$$$||3.9|
With an assortment of products, it’s tough to determine which one is the best hair dryer for frizzy hair. Hopefully, the tips bellow will shine some light on the matter.
- Power: The best blow dryer for frizzy hair will reduce by almost 50% the time spent on styling your hair. The higher the number of watts, the less time your hair will have to withstand the heat, and, the less you expose your hair to heat, the better it will look.
- Adjustable Temperature: Look for a hair dryer with adjustable temperature settings; this is an important feature because the more heat you apply, the more you damage your hair. Make sure the dryer has multiple speed settings, as well.
- Grip and Weight: Nobody likes when their hand cramps up right in the middle of styling, and if you have frizzy hair, you know that it can take a while to achieve the perfect hairdo. A lightweight hair dryer will give you better mobility, and it will feel more comfortable to use it than a bulky one. Make sure to test the blow dryer before buying it.
- Accessories: Blow dryers can come with accessories that will make it easier for you to fix your hair. An air diffuser or a concentrator nozzle might come in handy if you’re going for a certain look.
Top 3 Best Hair Dryer for Frizzy Hair Reviews
xtava Curly Hair Kit is the overall highest rated blow dryer for frizzy hair by both professional and regular users.
This lightweight device is improved with ionic technology and a ceramic layer, helping you say goodbye to frizzy hair for good. One of the best things about it is that you won’t have to style your mane for hours to get the perfect texture. In fact, due to the advanced technology, you will be able to cut drying time by 80%. The negative ions will seal and smooth the hair cuticle, giving it extra shine and a boost of volume.
The three adjustable heat setting allows you to control the temperature so that you can rest assured that you won’t apply to much heat on your precious locks. The two-speed settings will make it easy to determine the intensity of the heat.
If you’re still not convinced that this is the best hair dryer for frizzy hair, just imagine that you can now preserve the health of your tresses and get rid of the frizz with results similar to what you would get at a beauty salon.
The RUSK W8less Hair Dryer is a true gem for any woman finding herself in a never-ending battle with frizz. It incorporates infrared heat waves that will dry the hair from the inside out, eliminating static.
The best things come in lightweight packages, and this hair dryer can attest to that. Weighing less than a pound, you can twirl it around without dealing with hand cramps or numbness in your fingers.
The advanced ceramic layer technology will ensure that your locks will not be overheated. The Tourmaline emits negative ions which make the heat gentler on the hair than when you’re drying with a standard blow dryer.
Lightweight, easy to use, and gentle on your locks, this is a hair dryer you will love to use.
With an innovative and slick design, the Remington Damage Control Ceramic Heat Dryer not only looks top of the line, but it also provides up to three times more protection than regular dryers.
It will make your hair silkier and smoother than ever before, all while dealing with that unwanted frizzy aspect that usually happens after blow drying your hair.
With a built-in overheating safety, you can rest assured that there’s no chance of burning your hair. The grill contains micro-conditioners that are released into the dryer’s airflow to maximize the shine of your hair.
Overall, Remington Damage Control Ceramic Heat Dryer is a great product that will speed up the drying time while ensuring that your hair is frizz-free.