Raise your hand if you’ve ever struggled to find a flat iron that fits your needs, hair type, and budget. We can’t see you, but we assume that both your hands (and your feet) are up in the air.
Shopping for hair tools can be overwhelming. The terminology is confusing, the features don’t seem to make sense, and there’s a lot to consider. Even when we’re talking about the same brand, such as CHI, you still have a million different options to consider.
But, worry no more! This helpful guide right here will teach you everything you need to know to find the best CHI flat iron.
Things to Consider When Shopping for a CHI Flat Iron
The multitude of options can make the act of finding the perfect CHI flat iron difficult. Knowing what to consider will make the entire process easier.
- Your Hair Length. The length of your hair is one of the most important considerations when looking for a CHI flat iron. If you have short hair (chin length or pixie cut,) then you should opt for a flat iron with small plates. That way, you will have no problem strengthening small sections. If you have long hair, choose a CHI flat iron with large plates so that you can cover large section faster.
- Hair Texture. The texture of your hair is another factor that can make the difference between a flat iron that fits your needs and one that just damages the hair. Ceramic plates are best suited for both thin and thick hair while tourmaline works best for coarse or damaged hair. If you have thick or coarse hair, then titanium plates are probably the best pick.
Top 7 CHI Flat Irons Table
How to Find the Perfect CHI Flat Iron
From smoothing your hair and arranging your bangs to curling and waving your locks, the best CHI flat iron can do wonders. How do you find it? Here’s what you need to know.
- Plate Material. The plate material is perhaps one of the most important features of a CHI flat iron. There are three types of plates:
- Ceramic Plates. One of the things that make ceramic plates a popular option is that they distribute the heat evenly and don’t burn the hair.
- Tourmaline Plates. Tourmaline is relatively new on the market, hence the hefty price of hair styling tools. It’s crafted from a natural stone and can produce more negative ions than ceramic plates. That makes them more efficient and durable than other plate materials.
- Titanium Plates. Of all three options listed here, titanium plates transfer heat faster than ceramic or tourmaline. They are also very useful and safe in case you straighten or style your hair regularly (we’re talking everyday use).
- Grip and Weight. Most people pay attention to the settings and functions of a CHI flat iron but completely ignore its weight or ergonomics. Here’s the thing: if you have a difficult time using it for extended periods, you will end up hating it. Look for a flat iron that is lightweight yet durable. Make sure the grip fits well in your hands and feels comfortable.
Top 3 Best CHI Flat Iron Reviews
CHI Fire Red is the overall highest rated CHI flat iron by best experts and regular users.
The negative ions and Far Infrared technology allow the iron plates to gloss through your hair strands without damaging them or creating static electricity. The tourmaline and ceramic plates use the latest innovative technology to distribute the heat evenly and help you achieve the perfect style.
The adjustable setting allows you to choose the best temperature for your needs or styling preferences. You can set it to as low as 180F or as high as 410F.
If you are looking for a flat iron that will leave your mane smooth and silky, then this is one is the best CHI flat iron you can find.
One of the things that make this CHI flat iron such a popular model is that it fits all types of hair. It heats rapidly but gives you total control on the temperature. That way, you can adapt it to your type of hair, hair treatment or preferences.
Another important benefit this CHI flat iron brings is that it allows you to style your hair even at lower temperatures. The plates are coated with titanium, which is known to be sturdier and to transfer more heat than ceramic or tourmaline plates.
Durable, effective, and stylish, CHI PRO G2 Digital is an excellent choice if you’re looking for a flat iron.
CHI Air Expert Classic is so good that it has a good reputation even among professional hair stylists. It heats up quickly, keeps the right temperature constant and allows you to style your hair with ease. You don’t have to spend an hour straightening or curling your strands like with other flat irons. Due to its tourmaline and ceramic infused plates, CHI Air Expert Classic will reduce the time you spend every day in front of the mirror significantly. The plates will smooth out the cuticles quickly, providing a healthy and natural shine.
The design is elegant and sleek, and the handle is easy to grip and maneuver. Therefore, you won’t accidentally press the setting buttons while using it.
Don’t let the fact that the design hasn’t changed in more than 20 years worry you. That speaks volume about the quality of the product. With small upgrades to more modern materials, CHI Air Expert is one of the best in their line.