Many say that blondes have all the fun, but if you were to look at the latest hairstyle trends, you might notice that brunettes run the world. Whether you’re admiring Kendal Jenner’s inky shade or Mila Kunis’ dark locks, you’re probably here because you’ve decided to jump on the darker hair bandwagon, too. You might just need to cover a few greys on your regular hair color, and if that is the case, you are in the right spot!
If you’re interested in going for blackest black or even a warmer dark tone, you’ll need quality hair dye that won’t become dull after a couple of washes. With so many options each promising to make your locks the shiniest in the land, it can be hard to find the best black hair dye.
That’s where this guide comes to the rescue, so head down to find a list of the highest rated products.
Things to Consider
Before we jump to our awesome list of black hair dye products, let’s have a look at the things you need to consider.
- Shades of Black. You might find it hard to believe but, just like there are over a dozen shades of blonde, there are probably even more different tones of black. Choose a shade of black that will compliment your skin color and make your eyes pop.
- The Secret Ingredient of Black Dye. An ingredient that is necessary for dark color is p-Phenylenediamine. It can sometimes cause allergic reactions, so do a patch test to make sure that nothing will go wrong during the process.
- Upkeep Is Essential. If you choose a shade that is three or four tones darker than your natural hair color will mean that you’ll have to get used to dying your roots regularly. The good news is that there are varieties of products that can make the process easier.
Top 10 Black Hair Dyes Table
Dying your hair black is an equally exciting and scary process. To ensure you get the best results you need the best black hair dye. Pay attention to this information to find “the one.”
- Find the Right Formula for You
- Foam. The great thing about a foam formula is that it’s easier on the hair shaft and won’t affect the scalp as much as other formulations. If you have allergies, then opt a mousse-like formula.
- Liquid or Gel. If you have curly, coarse, and frizzy hair, then a liquid or gel formula is more suited for you. A liquid formula allows you to distribute the dye evenly, ensuring full coverage.
- Cream. A cream formula works best on fine hair. Its rich texture is easy to apply and will cover each strand of hair. More than that, you can only use the necessary amount, so it’s more economical than other formulations.
- Buy the Quantity Your Hair Needs. Keep in mind that a thicker hair will require more dye, so buy two dyes instead of one. If your hair passes the length of your shoulders, go for two boxes as well.
- Pick a Hair Dye That Nourishes Your Hair Too. Read the label before purchasing and make sure that there are at least a few beneficial substances in the dye, such as Argan oil or olive oil. That way, your dyed hair will get a natural shine.
Top 5 Best Black Hair Dye Reviews
Vidal Sassoon Salonist Hair Colour Permanent is the overall highest rated black hair dye regarding price, quality, and coverage. The best part about this dye is that it can provide you with a touch of professional hair coloring without leaving the comfort of your home.
The easy two-step process inspired by hairstyle salons gives you full-color depth. This shade of black will give the appearance of a natural hair color that is rich and luminous.
It comes with a bowl, brush, and gloves, so you won’t have to worry about not having the right accessories for a proper hair dye. Just as at the salon, the two-step system allows you to focus on the roots first and then on your ends.
All in all, Vidal Sassoon Salonist Hair Colour Permanent is our favorite dye on this list. You can buy this product knowing that you’ve made the right choice and will get a stunning, black color.
This hair dye comes with an intense shine and a glossy hair color that is certain to make heads turn. With a liquid formulation that allows you to distribute the dye evenly and a precision applicator, you’ll get the work done in minutes.
This formula will offer a superior looking color that will be hard to miss each time you hair moves. Just like the box says, hair dying has never been easier. Just mix the color formula with the activator, apply it and obtain that gorgeous black shine in only 25 minutes.
Clairol has thought of everything and even produced the exact shades of black for touch-ups. You can now enjoy a radiant color and rest assured that whenever those roots pull through, you’ll also have an easy fix for them.
To conclude, if you are looking for a black hair dye that will do more than just color your hair in a dull dark shade, then Clairol Nice’n Easy is for you.
You can now get a rich, satiated color and the energy boosts your hair needs, all in one product. Enriched with fruit oils, Garnier will not only color your hair but also nourish it while doing it.
It contains avocado oil for a soothing effect, olive oil for preventing dryness and vitamin E for protection against environmental factors that could damage your locks.
This formula ensures that your hair will look healthier and glossier all while offering 100% gray coverage.
If you’re looking for a nourishing black hair dye that you a rich, healthy-looking color, then look no further than Garnier Nutrisse Nourishing Color Crème.
With a foam formula suitable for all hair types and a deep permanent color obtained through a single application, John Frieda’s black hair dye is sure to please everyone.
The non-drip formula was specially created for a better color application that will allow you to cover every single hair strand and create a uniform layer. Foam is the best choice especially if you have sensitive skin that tends to irritate easily.
Transform your home into a professional beauty salon with this quality product that will make you fall in love with it every time you pass by a mirror. The only downside of this hair dye is that is a bit more expensive than the rest.
Overall, John Frieda Precision Foam Colour is an excellent product that’s worth the extra money.
Naturtint is changing the game by introducing an ammonia free hair dye that is full of organic ingredients. You can now benefit from a radiant black color without jeopardizing the health of your precious strands.
By replacing ammonia with natural ingredients, Naturtint has become one of the safest coloring products on the market. Unfortunately, the lack of ammonia also means that the color isn’t going to last as much as other dyes. It’s a price worth paying if you care about the health of your hair.
In the end, if you are looking for the best black hair dye out there, Naturtint is one of them.